Sunday, May 26, 2013

Do you want More?

This past weekend I had the wonderful privileged of attending the MORE conference at my church here in Nashville called Grace Center. I must say I have never left a session there and not been blown away, rocked by God, or brought to tears. So Saturday morning I go in and meet up with the amazing college group from Memphis that drove in for the conference and we sit down ready for God to work. The speaker, who is a modern day prophet, begins by comically drawing the audience in with funny stories of the Lord working in mysterious ways through people's lives, but then he transitions. He begins talking about this church he visited that had lost it's fire and passion. The pastor there told him that if he didn't stir up revival then the pastor planned on quitting. Blown away by this remark he began to witness, he told the church to break free from this bondage of everyday life and freely live in God's grace. After he preached on this subject a while longer he looked out in the crowd. He invited all to come forward who felt they needed a new flame, to take God out of the box, and wanted to break free. I felt myself jump up and run forward. He then began to speak over us, "You are designed to be known and to know, you are called to write history and be significant and to be world changers of the Lord." You all have a purpose and Satan is trying to shatter that by making you believe your plans are too big and not possible. But God is a God of the impossible and of the more! The first thing Satan attacks is your joy because the joy of the Lord is our strength and without it we can't fight. He began to pray over our passions as performers and told us to start striving for them again today. Praying over our flames to be rekindled and our hope to be restored. As this happened tears streamed from my eyes, because I realized how scared and lost I have been feeling. Graduating with no set future is a fightful place to be and I had begun to think that God's plan for me wasn't as big or important as I'd hoped. This was a lie from the pit of hell. God has plans for me to prosper with hope and a future! Jeremiah 29:11. So today I just want to encourage you. Whatever stage of life your in and how lost you feel, God has a purpose for you. Acts 3:19-21 tells us that all we have to b=do is repent and He will refresh us and we will receive. He wants us saved, yes, but He also wants us converted into a likeness of Him! So ask and receive more, because our God is a god of the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment