Saturday, September 14, 2013

What about the what if's?

Lately I have been constantly thinking of the future. Thoughts flood my mind of how fast time has gone since I graduated and how I need to make plans and prepare. The what if's begin to take over. What if this ministry doesn't spread and grow? What if I don't find a stable income or a "real job"? What if I'm not able to get married and have a family soon? What if I do and I'm not prepared to help support it? The list goes on and on. Constantly being around families that I nanny and babysit, seeing the parents working and supporting the kids makes me worry about the future. I am on a time line and only have so much time right? Should I go back to school and get another degree? If not then where do I find a job for a lifetime? All these thoughts feel my mind and then I hear that still small voice softly whispering in my ear. And I hear The Lord say to me:

Didn't I make time? Aren't I all knowing? Haven't I told you to only worry about today for it has enough worries of its own? Tomorrow is not promised and I am. Ashlee, I am. I am the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega, the way the truth and the life. So come rest with me a while and ill extend your time. I go before you and know now what you'll do then. So do not fear, for I am with you. My rod and my staff comfort you. You might walk through the valley of the shadow for death but I am with you. Ill anoint your head with oil and overflow your cup. In the presence of your enemies. So again I say do not fear.

So when you begin to ask the what if questions, stop and see what The Lord has to say for you. No more what if's, listen to the I am. That's what my new journey entails!

No comments:

Post a Comment