Tuesday, April 9, 2013

From the dirt comes flowers

I am so excited to begin my first blog post as an artist! I hope to post once a week with updates about my progress as an artist and experiences as one. This weekend I traveled to Ohio with my friend Tori Harris, another artist that I am currently singing bgvs for. It was an amazing experience to have such sweet hosts to stay with. The trip was for a battle of the bands at Franciscan University in which we sang as featured artists. The crowd had been great the entire night, but when we began they all tuned in and we have their undivided attention! By the way this was at midnight, the first time I've ever performed that late! Afterwards I had so many sweet people come up and ask about my ministry. I was lucky enough to share some of my testimony! Now after 20 hours on the road with the sweetest girls I know I gave a presentation this morning in class about my development as an artist. As a visual person I wanted to give my audience something tangible. After much thought our sweet host from Ohio gave me the idea of flowers. And so I handed out flowers to my class. You could tell they seemed confused why when everyone else began with a song, I handed out flowers. My purpose was to give them the deeper meaning of where the beautiful, living flowers came from. They came from decomposed, dead dirt, made of ashes. And through my ministry I hope that when you see a flower of hear one of my songs, or when something in your life is painful, that you will remember that that flower came from something completely different from itself. No matter what your going through, a breakup, girl drama, sickness, death, or anything that this life can throw at us, remember that the beautiful flowers come from dirty ashes. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment